* Box of red velvet cake. (plus the ingredients that are needed to prepare the cake)
*8 oz of cream cheese softened *Alternative Ingredient: cream cheese frosting (for a sweeter dessert)
16 oz of white chocolate
1. Prepare the cake according to package instructions. Let the cake cool completely then crumble it into a large bowl.
2. To soften cream cheese place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in a microwavable safe bowl. Microwave on High for 10 secs or just until softened. Add 15 secs for each additional package of cream cheese.
3, Add softened cream cheese and knead together with your fingers until your cream cheese is completely blended together.
4. Roll about a ping pong sized amount of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will get about 30-40 balls. Set them in the fridge to chill about 10-15mins or until they are firm to the touch.
5. After they have gotten firm. Melt white chocolate according to package. Remove balls from fridge and using a fork, dip them one at a time into the melted chocolate. Make sure to coat the ball evenly, lightly tap the fork on the side of the bowl allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Return the truffle again to the parchment paper, place them back into the fridge, and wait until the chocolate has hardened.
I will assuredly try this recipe again and I think I will use the frosting next time. If anyone else tries this recipe please feel free to share your thoughts and tips with us.